Tuesday, August 4, 2009

new blogs

Hey!
So, I'm going to start blogging again.

This isn't going to be a blog necessarily about life anymore, its going to just be an outlet for me to write out what the Lord is doing in my life. 

It would be too hard to try and explain or summarize the past year. So consider this blog new. A fresh start.
I will say a few things. 
Ecclesiastes 3
"For everything there is a season, and a time for every matter under Heaven:
a time to be born, and a time to die;
a time to plant, and a time to pluck up what is planted;
a time to kill, and a time to heal;
a time to break down, and a time to build up; 
a time to weep, and a time to laugh;
a time to mourn, and a time to dance;
a time to cast away stones, and a time to gather stones together;
a time to embrace, and a time to refrain from embrace;
a time to seek, and a time to lose;
a time to keep, and a time to cast away;
a time to tear, and a time to sew;
a time to keep silence, and a time to speak;
a time to love, and a time to hate;
a time for war, and a time for peace."

If there is one thing this past year has taught me, it is that there are times in life. Times that are different from other times, but my God never changes. And if I continually seek Him, He will look different b/c He graces me with a deeper understanding of who He is. Yet even now, He is more than I will ever know on this earth.

I can now see that the LOVE and GRACE of God doesn't change:
It will always be something I don't deserve.
It will never matter what good thing I do; it will never make me deserving of God's love, grace, or goodness to me.
It will always be something I don't deserve.

But God....
Because He loves me so much, offers me a grace that covers every wrong thing, every imperfection inside of me. 
God owes me nothing,
But because of His love and grace
My grateful heart owes Him everything.

I have to let go of my fears. The way I try to control my life in order to preserve my life from my fears is nothing more than pointless effort.
I am covered by His grace, and I live because He loves me.

This past year I have been through 4 seasons.
Last summer my entire life changed. I quit my job. I got married. I moved across the country. I gain a husband, a best friend, and a new name. A season of 24 years ended.
Last fall I was shocked by the death of my previous life, and the overwhelming reality of my new one. Death is shocking. But there is a time for it.
Last winter I mourned. I cried. My heart was sad. I didn't understand why God would let me cry. But He knew there was a time for it.
Last spring, there was new life. I was born into my new season. My heart became alive again. God spoke to me new things. And I wanted to minister again. God gave me promises. And it was the right time.
This summer God is changing things again, and it is in my heart. It is a season, and one I am so thankful for.

A time for every matter under Heaven......

No matter what season you are in, no matter how you may feel right now, or how you may feel towards God; He is asking you to trust Him.
He is offering you His grace and His love.
And the hardest thing about it, is that it's free. :)




Ok, that's all for now.
More to come at least once a week.

I hope you have a great day! :)

1 comment:

Kacie said...

l.o.v.e.l.y

can't wait to read more. you are a beautiful person, katie!