Tuesday, August 26, 2008

real ity check

Been thinkin'....what is reality? What makes something real?

Because, what is very real to me...might not be the same for you.

I can't get real deep on this....I mean, I haven't had a college class that asked these types of questions in a couple years. Its just something I'm thinking about.

Be careful what you think about. What you think about is really who you are and probably what you either currently believe or will begin believing. Even the Bible, yes the Good Book, talks a lot about the mind.

I guess because of gravity or for some reason, whatever I spend time thinking about eventually leaks down from my mind and settles in my heart. Let me tell you, just because you are thinking about something doesn't mean its real or even from God. You can help what you think about....its tough, but it just might change your reality.

"Set your heart on things above..."
"Set your heart at rest in His Presence..."
"Seek peace, and pursue it...."
(I guess I like "s" scriptures today)

It all begins with what you think about, OR what you ALLOW yourself to think about.

"My heart is glad in Him because I trust in His Holy Name. Let your steadfast love, O Lord, be upon us, even as we hope in You." Psalm 33

No comments: